About the Book

Book:  The Creeper

Author: Teresa Posey Carey

Genre:  Christian Children’s Book

Release Date: December 5, 2019

Even The Creeper loses things from time to time. How will he recover what he seeks? Find out in rhyme!

What begins as a determined search for something important becomes a treasure hunt full of clues and a valuable lesson in searching for that which is lost.

Delightful illustrations and endearing rhymes tell a story that teaches subtle lessons in perseverance and diligence.

Click HERE to get your copy.

About the Author

Children’s author Teresa Posey Carey took her inspiration from Dr. Seuss’ rhyming stories. A born again Christian, she hopes to honor God in all she does, including her favorite things: spending time with family and friends and writing. Also an animal advocate, she loves her fur babies—-Sugar and Missy (dogs), Dinky and Skittles (cats)—-and dotes shamelessly on them. Teresa also has several new childrens books with bug characters and hopes everyone will visit her new Bug Huggers Facebook page! Teresa lives in De Kalb, Texas, the hometown of Dan Blocker, a.k.a. Hoss Cartwright, in the far northeast corner of the Lone Star State.

More from Teresa

My new children’s rhyming book The Creeper is filled with mystery and fun. Treasures with clues are strewn along it’s pages to keep children guessing up until the very end, making it a very exciting and interactive book that kids will want to hear again and again. I wrote The Creeper because of my love for rhyming verse stories and God’s word, pairing the two, The Creeper becomes a great tool for teaching children about God’s love for them as well as instilling christian values and it introduces them to essential skills known to be learned from rhyming words together and what kid doesn’t love rhyme? The Creeper is based upon the Biblical principal of Matthew 7:7-8 If ye seek ye shall surely find what ye are looking for, this is what the foundation for The Creeper is all about! I first knew that i really loved and wanted to write verse stories after taking my daughter to the local library when she was a little girl, that’s when and where we discovered Dr. Suess, One fish two fish red fish blue fish, we were both hooked and enjoyed reading all the rest of his wonderful rhyming stories, along with all the Mother goose poems and anything else we could get our hands on! I believe that God gave this gift in my life to use for glorifying him while entertaining children. What better way to do things than to use your God given gifts and talents and give back unto The Lord!

My Review

What a charming children’s book! It reminds me of the type of picture books I enjoyed as a little kid and that so often seem to be absent today. I love that the action takes place outdoors in the country, introducing youngsters to natural landmarks such as brooks, thickets, and lagoons. I reread the story several times, and each time I came across something that I had not noticed before. Initially I was expecting this to be a bit of a spooky story based on the title and cover, but after reading it I realized that, while it is sweet and not scary, it does contain a mystery. More than one, in fact, because not only do we not know who the creeper is, but we also don’t know what exactly he is looking for. The author reveals clues little by little throughout the story, giving kids a reason to engage with the book and enjoy it more than once. Depending on the age of the child, parents may need to read this story aloud. The endearing rhyming nature of “The Creeper” lends itself to reading out loud, as well, and basing the story on Matthew 7:7-8 provides a Christian perspective on issues we encounter daily, such as not being able to find something yet continuing to be persistent and grateful. Lastly, I will say that the illustrations are gorgeous and one of my favorite aspects of “The Creeper”! They are in full color and truly make the story leap off of the page and into your heart.

I received a complimentary copy of this book through Celebrate Lit and was not required to post a favorable review. All opinions are my own.

Blog Stops

Remembrancy, February 11

Blogging With Carol, February 12

Danielle Lozada, February 13

Giveaway

To celebrate her tour, Teresa is giving away the grand prize package of a $25 Amazon gift card and copy of the book!!

Be sure to comment on the blog stops for nine extra entries into the giveaway! Click the link below to enter.