About the Book

Book: Essential Oils

Author: Terri Secrest

Genre: Christian Non-fiction, Alternative Therapies

Release Date: October 8, 2019

Have you ever wondered why the wise men brought frankincense and myrrh for the baby Jesus? As a curious and highly enthusiastic child, health and wellness coach Teri Secrest asked everyone she knew and met, but no one could tell her. She grew up thinking it was just a nice little story…but never stopped wondering.

This thirst for knowledge sparked Teri’s twenty-three-year quest to learn about essential oils. It has taken her to the far corners of the world—from Croatia and France to Oman, Israel, and beyond.

Teri has written this book to share the mystery, the romance, and the ageless intrigue of essential oils. She hopes you experience the Father’s love as He continually lavishes His children with these exquisite oils and you feel this rich, biblical history come alive in your spirit. Teri wants you to see how miraculous your body is and how it’s designed to heal itself when given proper nourishment and support.

Essential Oils: God’s Extravagant Provision for Your Health offers practical how-to’s that you can use immediately, including the use of oils for romance, balancing hormones, cooking, cleaning, pets, children, and fragrance, as well as health concerns such as stress, negative emotions, trouble sleeping, weight gain, and anxiety. You will find practical guidance to regain and maintain health naturally.

As you gain this understanding, Teri believes you will change the next generation as you discover the hidden secrets of these biblical plants and how to incorporate them into your everyday life.

Click HERE to get your copy!

About the Author

Teri Secrest is a health and wellness expert whose passion is to teach simple and proven methods for vibrant health to people around the world. That passion is rooted in her early experiences of learning about whole foods and herbs in her family’s organic garden and her mother’s passion for good food as the owner of a French cooking school. These early lessons guided Teri to a healthy path for herself and her own family, yet it was her first astonishing experience with essential oils as a young mother that ignited her lifelong passion for learning, practicing, and teaching people to take hold of God’s extravagant provision for their health.

Teri has traveled around the world to learn from leading experts about the beneficial uses of essential oils, research the promises and properties of each essential oil, and develop a deep working knowledge of their applications for daily health and wellness. Teri loves to share the simple, practical principles that will help you live in vibrant health through her international keynote speeches, training programs, and best-selling books. She is a sought-after speaker who delivers her message of vibrant health with such enthusiasm, humor, and joy that she has gained the nickname “Ambassador of Joy” around the world.

Connect with Teri at http://terisecrest.com

More from Teri

My purpose in writing this book is to inspire you with the mystery, the romance, and the ageless intrigue of essential oils. My hope is that you experience the Father’s love as He continually lavishes His children with these exquisite essential oils and that this rich biblical history comes alive in your spirit. I also hope you will see how miraculous your body is and how it’s designed to heal itself when given proper nourishment and support.

As you gain this understanding, I believe you will change the next generation, as you will know the hidden secrets of these biblical plants and how to incorporate them into your everyday life.

My Review

In the interest of full disclosure, I admittedly went into Teri Secrest’s “Essential Oils” with some caution. While I am fully supportive of alternative therapies and have experimented a little with essential oils, as someone with chronic illnesses, I take all treatment approaches with a grain of salt. The cure-alls are a dime a dozen and most of them are incompatible with my body to begin with. What works for most people, even most of those who are chronically ill, never works for me, and I have become jaded. Yes, that therapy or lifestyle change is great and helps many people, but I am in the rare subset that can’t do x,y,z because my body does not function normally at any level. So I tend to have very low expectations of gleaning helpful therapeutic options, which is why I was pleasantly surprised by this book.

While reading “Essential Oils”, I learned interesting facts that were tied in with Scripture and also gained insight into some potential remedies in the form of alleviating agents for myself and others. Secrest has done an impressive job of compiling a lot of information in a stimulating way, and I read this book in a few hours. Her personal testimonies and stories were affirming and apropos. The way in which she includes Scripture is engaging and insightful; instead of just dropping in verses that speak to her points, she explains how they demonstrate God’s abundant care for us from the Garden of Eden to today. The chapters on Queen Esther and King Solomon gave me a fresh perspective on these Biblical accounts, drawing attention to and adding depth to details that I had not really considered before.

Because this book is well-designed, each element and section blends together well to form a cohesive and comprehensive whole. This is a fantastic read for anyone interested in looking into essential oils for the first time or for those who want to explore specific health benefits and oil recommendations. Secrest devotes a chapter to the twelve human body systems and how essential oils can benefit each, and she explains how to add supplemental-grade essential oils to cooking. There is also a chapter on enhancing romance for those who are married; being single, I skipped that section. Full-color photos throughout make this a fun and engaging book, although in e-formats this makes the file size very large. At the end is a brief glossary, followed by a reference guide that lists essential oils and what they can be used for and a helpful chart of health concerns and the essential oils that may be used to address them, rounding out this informative and inspiring work.

I received a complimentary copy of this book through CelebrateLit and was not required to post a favorable review. All opinions are my own.

Blog Stops

Little Homeschool on the Prairie, November 18

Inklings and notions, November 19

Livin’ Lit, November 19

Giveaway

To celebrate her tour, Teri is giving away the grand prize package of a copy of her book and $20 Starbucks gift card!!

Be sure to comment on the blog stops for nine extra entries into the giveaway! Click the link below to enter.