About the Book

Book:  Unwanted No More

Author: BJ Garrett

Genre:  Memoir

Release Date: December 1, 2019

I can still feel the emptiness in my heart.

So many memories of ugly… As a preteen shattered by a sexually abusive father and an absent mother, B. J. Garrett is left unprotected, unloved, and unwanted by the people who should have loved her most. Instead, BJ finds herself wanted by the wrong people for the worst reasons.

Her search for self-worth leads to sexual promiscuity and unplanned pregnancies, which only further warps her view of love, leaving a trail of broken relationships. It’s not until losing everything to the blaze of a house fire that the course of BJ’s life takes a turn toward a God whose love is pure. With the shadow of shame lifted by her newfound faith, BJ makes a startling discovery—she’s been wanted all along, and her new love-filled life comes with a call to ministry.

Written with soul-searching vulnerability, this story shows that regardless of what you’ve done or what’s been done to you, there is hope and redemption in a relationship with Jesus. Unwanted No More reminds you that no matter how ugly your past, you can experience unconditional, beautiful love and a life of purpose.

Click HERE to get your copy.

About the Author

B. J. Garrett serves as the executive director for Christ-Centered Abortion Recovery & Education. She holds an associate of divinity degree from Baptist Missionary Theological Seminary, and she has served in church ministries as a youth director, singles director, missions director, and women’s ministry team leader. She and her husband, Jay, live in Texas and enjoy spending time with their children and grandchildren.

More from B.J.

All my life I have battled with feelings of being unwanted and unloved. Somewhere between the insanity of the Jerry Springer show and the emotional outcry of the Oprah show, the unbelievable redemption details of my life are unfolded onto the pages of this book. Spunky. silly, and sassy are the three words that best describe my personality. I believe the Lord gave me a love for hamburgers to make sure I never return to a life of selling my body to make ends meet. Spending time with my grand kids who are basically perfect is my favorite pastime. I love being Jay’s wife and serving beside him on the mission field. By God’s amazing grace, I have come full circle, receiving complete forgiveness and healing from a childhood full of abuse, teen pregnancy, sexual promiscuity, abortion, and working in the sex industry. If the Lord can use a story like mine, rest assured He will use a story like yours! If like me, you have ugly in your past, I want to encourage you that no matter what you have done, no matter what has been done to you, there is hope and healing through Jesus Christ.

Author Interview

When/how did you decide to become a writer?

I have a hard time even recognizing myself as a writer even now that I have a book published. I was a person who survived a difficult childhood, rescued and redeemed by an amazing Heavenly Father, and I simply want others to know that He is real, and that you truly can overcome hardships. It may be crazy hard, but if I can do it, anyone can!

What drew you to the time period that you write about?

So, I actually write about my full life, or what all of it I remember. For me and my personal journey to where I am today, and how I got here, required me to start from the beginning. If I would have started at the time when I met Jesus, the transformation would not have been so amazing. It also would not have reached my target audience of people who have experience pain and treauma in their lives. I wish I could have written an historical romance fiction story, but it was the true story of my own life I felt led to show my audience.

Who was/is your biggest inspiration?

Probably the women I get to work with. I have seen first hand how healing it is, just to have someone understand the pain you have experienced. To now that you are normal for feeling and possibly even acting out the way you have because of what has happened to you. To now have a book for anyone to be able to pick up and read and see that they are not alone, that no matter what was done to them or what they have done to themselves, there is hope and healing through Jesus Christ. That was and will always be my inspiration I think.

What is your work schedule like when you’re writing?

I have a full time ministry job, so it was actually quite intense. I would work all day, come home and try to write. Often until the wee hours of the morning. It was exhausting. Emotionally, spiritually and physically. But also, invigorating. To get a scene out of my heart and onto paper felt amazing.

Do you prefer traditional books, ebooks, or audiobooks?

Yes? I love audiobooks because I am very busy and on the road a lot. I can listen to audiobooks and while driving, flying etc. I love ebooks, because I can hold an entire library ion my fingertips at all times. But, there is nothing that compare to sitting on a comfy favorite spot, wrapped in a blanket, hot cocoa or a diet Dr. Pepper nearby with a real hold in your hands traditional book.

Blog Stops

Vicky Sluiter, February 7 (Author Interview)

Texas Book-aholic, February 8

For the Love of Literature, February 9 (Author Interview)

Debbie’s Dusty Deliberations, February 10

Through the Fire Blogs, February 11 (Author Interview)

A Reader’s Brain, February 12

A Baker’s Perspective , February 13 (Author Interview)

deb’s Book Review, February 14

Inklings and notions, February 15

Tell Tale Book Reviews, February 16 (Author Interview)

For Him and My Family, February 17

Truth and Grace Homeschool Academy, February 18

Happily Managing a Household of Boys, February 19

Book Love, February 20 (Guest Review from Gail)

Giveaway

To celebrate her tour, B.J. is giving away the grand prize package of a signed copy of the book and a $25 Amazon gift card!!

Be sure to comment on the blog stops for nine extra entries into the giveaway! Click the link below to enter.