The God Dare: Will You Choose to Believe the Impossible? - Kate Battistelli

Kate Battistelli, author of “The God Dare”, is the mother of Grammy Award-winning artist Francesca Battistelli, who writes a foreward for this book. Kate puts together a work of love that challenges the reader to put feet to their faith and to trust God through every circumstance and season of life. The God Dare comes when God calls us to step out of our comfort zone and do something that will bring Him glory, something that the world needs and that we are specially equipped to provide. Because a God Dare is not something that we could ever accomplish in our own strength, but rather would be impossible without God’s providing and intervention. When we step out in faith and wholeheartedly pursue whatever God is calling us to, we can rest assured that He will provide for us and make a way forward.

Throughout “The God Dare”, Battistelli explores familiar Biblical figures and their God Dares. These are people who ultimately changed history because they responded affirmatively to God’s call. One of the beautiful facts about their journeys is that each was beset with hardships, some self-inflicted and some not, which provides inspiration and hope for our own God Dares. We can learn from their examples, knowing that “God calls us according to our destiny, not our history,” so no one can be disqualified! The retelling of these Biblical stories dovetails well with the personal experiences which Battistelli shares, emphasizing both a Biblical basis and a continual working of God among us today.

Arranged with an engaging format, this book is useful for both individuals and groups. It can even be used as a devotional study. Each chapter ends with “Scriptures to Think About”, “God Dare Secrets” that summarize the chapter’s content, and “Discussion Questions” that challenge readers to truly immerse themselves in the Word of God. There is quite a bit of repetition throughout the book, but this does help to reinforce the stories and ideas, and I appreciated that Jeremiah 29:11 appears many times. I did have one bone of contention with regard to the section on Job, because I do not believe that God Himself takes away, but that rather He allows the enemy to take things away from us, ultimately for our good and His glory. I would recommend this book to those searching for their place in the world and to those who are doubting, especially those who have dealt with infertility, miscarriage, or abortion.

I received a complimentary copy of this book from Barbour Publishing and was under no obligation to post a review.