About the Book

Book: Strike The Mark

Author: James W. Goll

Genre: Christian non-fiction, prayer, spiritual warfare

Release Date: May 7, 2019

Prayers that strike the mark are specific prayers authorized by the Holy Spirit and endowed with divine power to accomplish the will of God in your life and for the needs of the world. On the cross, Jesus fulfilled the ultimate answer to all of our prayers, but He awaits our invitation to come into our situations and circumstances. When people of prayer intercede, they create a meeting place between the heavenly Father and His children. God comes upon the person who is praying and moves them from the natural to the supernatural. Empowered by God, the intercessor has the authority to cut down enemy forces and pick out “targets” for God’s lightning bolts of glory, bringing victory and breakthrough.

Intercession could be called “extreme prayer” because it links extreme needs with the extraordinary power of God. Inserting ourselves into the gap between God and a need, we call upon the Holy Spirit, our Helper, who is ready to move us from finite ability to infinite ability, take hold of difficult situations, and help accomplish the will of God. We have the great honor of being called to “paint targets” on cities, churches, ministries, family members, contemporary “Sauls” (those who persecute or cause difficulty), and even ourselves. Our believing, persistent prayers will Strike the Mark!

He covers His hands with the lightning, and commands it to strike the mark” (Job 36:32 NASB).

Click here to purchase your copy.

About the Author

JAMES W. GOLL is the president of God Encounters Ministries and has traveled around the world sharing the love of Jesus, imparting the power of intercession, prophetic ministry, and life in the Spirit. He has recorded numerous classes with corresponding study guides and is the author of more than forty books, including The Seer, The Discerner, Releasing Spiritual Gifts Today, Passionate Pursuit, The Lost Art of Intercession, and The Lifestyle of a Prophet. James is the father of four wonderful children with a growing number of grandchildren, and makes his home in Franklin, TN.

My Review

Did “Strike the Mark” hit the mark with me? Yes and no. This reads as more of a regulation handbook, and as such I felt that it has several dry spells and some points with which I did not entirely agree. I was expecting it to be more dynamic and affirming. The author does inject a few personal stories into the narrative, and that does make it more relatable, but overall I honestly had a difficult time staying focused and interested. Much of the language seems to be aimed at a theologically-trained audience rather than the everyday prayer warrior. However, I did appreciate the abundance of Scripture verses and prayers, particularly in the resources section at the end. Also, the prayer at the end of each chapter is a nice summary and pinpoints the focus of that chapter.

In my opinion, “Strike the Mark” is best suited to a church study group. Reading it as an individual detracted from the experience, at least for me. The author’s points make sense, and I understand that prayer is more powerful when more people are involved. However, I got the impression that private prayer was somewhat downplayed. I think that the title should include the word “group” because that is really the main focus. Nevertheless, several parts of the book caught my attention. The author discusses twelve types of prayer that he together categorizes as the “orchestra of prayer”, as well as the various types of intercessors. Confessing generational sin, as exemplified by Daniel, Nehemiah, and Ezra in the Old Testament, encourages us to identify with the sins in our cities and institutions and to act as ambassadors to effect God-honoring change. Another concept mentioned is that of praying at particular sites, be it for blessing or for the extraction of evil. Overall, this small but compelling book is a good guide for groups looking to take their prayer ministry to the next level.

I received a complimentary copy of this book through CelebrateLit and was not required to post a favorable review. All opinions are my own.

Blog Stops

Giveaway

To celebrate his tour, James is giving away a grand prize of a $20 Starbucks gift card!!

Be sure to comment on the blog stops for nine extra entries into the giveaway! Click the link below to enter. https://promosimple.com/ps/e2ac/strike-the-mark-celebration-tour-giveaway